This policy explains how we, Fire and Security Engineers Ltd of 12 Lincoln Close, Woolston, Warrington, Cheshire WA1 4LU, use your personal information which you provide to us when using our website, https://www.fasecontrols.co.uk. We take our responsibilities for managing your personal data seriously.
When we say your “personal data” or “personal information” we mean any information that identifies you as a person.
Collecting your personal data – our relationship with you
Ordering goods from us
When you order goods from us we will require information from you in order to process your order. We will request you to provide your name, email address and your address for delivering your goods. In some cases we may also request your telephone number. These are all essential to enable us to perform our contract with you.
Payments from you are administered by our selected provider. We do not store your payment details as all of this information is handled and processed by 3rd party services who act as a data controller in this context. Please refer to our Secure Payments page.
We may also pass on your name and postal address to couriers and other delivery agents in order to deliver your goods.
Signing up to our mailing list
When you sign up to our mailing list you will be required to consent to our using your personal information for marketing purposes.
To be removed from our mailing list, please contact [email protected]
Sharing your personal information with third parties
We will not share your personal details with any 3rd party that is not part of our sales or after sales service. We will never share your personal details with any marketing company. To provide our service, we may issue your name, address and contact details with a courier service. To take payment of goods, we will forward you to a secure payment system.
There are certain scenarios where we may have to share your personal information with other parties (not listed in this policy) and examples of these scenarios are set out below:
- Where Fase staff need to speak with staff of similar trades to help diagnose a problem. For example, Fase may need to speak to the technical departments of another fire alarm company to investigate issues reported to our own technical department. This may be done to help onsite installation engineers or to ensure there are no issues with interfacing our own products to products of 3rd party manufactures. During our interactions with other companies, names and contact details may be given if we deem necessary.
- For legal reasons, we may be required to share your data with law enforcement agencies, governments, etc. This may be as part of an investigation, or it may be to prevent fraud prevention.
- Where your data may be required to protect against harm to the rights of property or person as permitted by law.
- Where your data may be required to prevent or protect against serious physical harm to an individual.
- If we are involved in an acquisition, a merger, sale of assets, or liquidation. If this circumstance arose, appropriate undertakings would be obtained from the third party.
As used in these Terms, "Fire and Security Engineers", "Fase" or "Fase Controls" means:
(a) Fire and Security Engineers is our company's registered name. Fase is an abbreviation of "Fire and Security Engineers" (F.A.S.E). Fase Controls is a trading name for Fire and Security Engineers.
(b) Fire and Security Engineers Limited, is a British registered company at 12 Lincoln Close, Woolston, Warrington, Cheshire WA1 4LU.
1.1. "Controller" means an entity that determines the purposes and means of the Processing of Personal Data.
1.2. "Customer" means a person or entity that is registered with Fase to use the Services and/or products.
1.3. "Data Protection Laws" means all data protection and privacy laws and regulations of the EU, EEA, and their member states, Switzerland and the United Kingdom, applicable to the Processing of Personal Data.
1.4. "GDPR" means (a) the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the Processing of Personal Data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), and (b) the United Kingdom General Data Protection Regulation.
1.5. "Personal Data" means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
1.6. "Processing" means any operation or set of operations which is performed upon Personal Data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, blocking, erasure or destruction. "Process", "Processes" and "Processed" shall be interpreted accordingly.
1.7. "Processor" means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or any other body which Processes Personal Data on behalf of the Controller.
1.9. “Subscriber” means a person Customer contacts through our Services.
1.10. “We”, “us”, and “our” refer to the Fire and Security Engineers Limited.
1.11. "You," "your," and "yours" refer to the user of our services or products..
3. What information we Process
Fase collects both “Personal Data” and “Non-Personal Data” about you and will Process this data for the duration of the Services, as described in the TOU:
3.1. Personal Data:
- Customers' information: identification and contact data (name, contact details, username); billing information (billing address, payment information); organisation information (name, address, geographic location, area of responsibility, VAT code), IP addresses, browsing activity, web server logs.
- Subscribers' information: email address and any other additional information that Customer provides to Fase.
3.1.1. At any time, you may log in and change this information, or remove it. You may decline to provide Personal Data to the Services, however, some of the Personal Data we ask you to provide, for example, the email address is mandatory for a Service. If you decline to provide it, we may not be able to provide that service to you.
3.1.2. Please note, Fase does not process or store your credit card information. Once you make a payment, your credit card information is transferred to our third-party payment processor Stripe.com. Please find their Privacy statement here.
3.2. Non-Personal Data:
- The browser and device information: location, device type, model, number, type of browser or operating system, the time and date of access, screen resolution, plug-ins, add-ons and the version of the Services you are using, and other information that does not personally identify you.
- Information from your use of the Services and information from other sources: we may receive information about how and when you use the Services, or other types of files associated with your account, and link it to other information we collect about you. Also, we may obtain information about you or your Subscribers from third-party sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, third-party data providers, and our joint marketing partners. This information may include, for example, time, date, browser used, demographic information, device information (such as device type, model, number, type of browser or operating system), location, and online behavioural data (such as information about your use of social media websites, page view information and search results and links), actions you have taken, anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and the number of clicks.
4. Purposes of Processing
4.1. Fase uses collected information for the operation of the Services, to maintain the quality of the Service, to provide general statistics regarding use of the Service, to promote and analyse the Services, to provide customer support and send information about the Services, to protect the rights and safety of Customers, Subscribers, third-parties and our own, to send customized informational or promotional content and provide suggestions according to marketing preferences, to ensure observance of our TOU and meet the legal requirements, to verify identity and provided information, manage payments, to understand demographics, Customer interests and needs, and other trends among users, and for other business purposes.
5. How we collect your information
5.1. Data provided by our Customers: Customers may import into the Services Personal Data they have collected from their Subscribers or other individuals. We have no direct relationship with Customers’ Subscribers or any individuals other than our Customers. Our Processing of Personal Data is based on the data subject freely given consent and Customers are responsible for making sure they have the necessary permissions for us to Process Personal Data about Subscribers or other individuals.
5.2. Tracking technologies: in connection with the performance of the Services, Fase uses:
- Unique identifiers and similar tracking technologies: we may use other tracking technologies to administer the Services, track your movements around the Services, analyse trends, track behaviour, serve targeted advertisements and gather demographic information, to measure the performance of our email campaigns and to improve our features for specific segments of Customers.
5.3. Log Data monitoring: we may collect log data whenever you access our tool. This data could include things like an IP address, browser type, and version, the pages you visit on Fase, and other user statistics. When you access Fasecontrols.co.uk with a mobile device, log data may include the type of device, your mobile unique ID, the IP address of your device, mobile operating system, and other mobile statistics.
6. Transferring to third-party companies
6.2. We may disclose Non-Personal Data for any purpose because this information cannot be used to identify you or another person.
7. Email communications & opting out
7.1. From time to time you may receive emails related to your use of Fase’s products. Based on the Personal Data that you provide us, we may communicate with you in response to your inquiries to provide the Services you request and to manage your account. We may also use your Personal Data to send you updates and other promotional communications. Every email will contain a link to be able to opt-out of receiving it. We may still send important messages regarding administrative matters, updates, disputes, and customer service issues that are required to provide the Services.
7.2. If a Subscriber no longer wants to be contacted by one of our Customers, he can unsubscribe directly from that Customers’ newsletter or contact the Customer directly to update or delete the data. If a Subscriber contacts us, we will refer him to that Customer. We will retain personal information we Process on behalf of our Customers only for as long as needed to provide our Services or to comply with our obligations.
8. Safety of your information
8.1. Fase takes reasonable precautions, technical and organisational security measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk, follows industry best practices in order to protect your Personal Data from any unauthorized or unlawful breach of security that leads to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of or access to Personal Data and to preserve the security and confidentiality of the data. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such precautions. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
8.2. The customer is responsible for reviewing the information made available by Fase relating to its data security and making an independent determination as to whether the Services meet Customer’s requirements and legal obligations under Data Protection Laws. Also, Customer is responsible for its secure use of the Services, including securing its account authentication credentials, protecting the security of Personal Data when in transit to and from the Services and taking any appropriate steps to securely encrypt or backup any Personal Data uploaded to the Services.
9. Protecting Subscriber’s lists and data
9.1. We reserve the right to monitor your lists, content and response data from time to time to make sure they comply with our TOU, we will never share, sell or rent your customer data to anyone for any reason.
10. Links to other websites
11. Age of consent
By using the Service, you represent that you are at least 16 years of age.
12. California Consumer Privacy Act
12.1. According to The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) residents of California, United States have specific rights regarding their Personal Data. California consumers have the right to 1) request that businesses disclose information about their collection and use of Personal Data over the past year; 2) ask such businesses to delete Personal Data; 3) opt-out of the sale of their Personal Data.
13. Merger or acquisition
14. Fase as a Controller
Fase acts as a Controller of Personal Data of its employees, contractors, candidates, affiliates and other third parties that are not considered as a Customer. Fase undertakes to comply with legal requirements when processing Personal Data as a Controller and implements appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security of Personal Data as required under GDPR and applicable Data Protection Laws.